Medior front-end software engineer
Currently, we have an application freeze. But don't worry; from September 2023, we will be back in the hiring game again. So keep an eye on our website and LinkedIn. Make sure to get in touch with your awesome motivation and resume once we're back in action. We can't wait to hear from you!
Are you passionate about building a great product? Would you love to add new features and improve existing ones for our users in short iterations? Easy LMS is looking for a front-end software engineer who believes that working in a multi-disciplinary team brings the best results. Together with your team, you will improve our SaaS learning management system (LMS) used by more than 2,000 clients worldwide. Join us on our mission to bring effective and accessible e-learning to employees around the world 🚀!
What will you do as a medior front-end software engineer?
You will play an important part in one of our autonomous problem-solving teams. A problem-solving team is a mix of front and back-end software engineers, and implementation consultants. You will work closely together to build valuable features for our users. You will bring your whole skill set to the table, and be detail-oriented and creative with the features that we build. You will take an active role in defining how the application works, as well as how it looks. You enjoy creating the big little details. Participating in a problem-solving team means you will:
- Join feature planning meetings where you discuss how to solve problems from an end-user perspective.
- Write feature solution proposals for the product owner. We work in short cycles of two or four days.
- Design a solution for the feature in the browser, for example, by using Storybook.
- Implement the design with modern techniques. Writing visual tests is part of the implementation.
- Code review your team’s work and process their feedback on your work.
- Test whether the feature meets our quality standards before deploying with your team.
Your personal contributions will play a big part in the final product
As a front-end software engineer, you will be involved in every phase of feature development. You will have a lot of freedom and your personal contributions will play a big part in the final product. You will use the company style, UX criteria, and accessibility guidelines to design and build a user-friendly easy to understand interface. You will design the feature directly in the browser. You will receive feedback from your team and discuss it with them before you start implementation. You will make well-considered choices in techniques and frameworks to improve existing code within the available time.
Do you want to know what makes being a front-end software engineer at Easy LMS unique? Read the interview with Anouk, one of our Front-end Software Engineers.
Who are we looking for?
You are a match if you:
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of front-end development experience.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in a relevant field, such as Communication and Multimedia Design, Industrial Design, or IT.
- Are available for at least 32 hours a week.
- Enjoy making elegant solutions for complex UX challenges with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Know how to work with Adobe Illustrator or want to learn.
- Possess a willingness and curiosity to continually improve your engineering skills.
- Like working in a multidisciplinary team, and learning from other disciplines. You must be team-oriented.
- Are adaptable to working with an experienced, multicultural team.
- Speak English fluently.
It would be fantastic if you are highly interested in or have experience with:
- Module bundlers and task runners (Webpack, Gulp, and NPM).
- Design systems and internally developed component libraries.
This position can be fulfilled partly remotely as we support working from home. But we expect you to be able to come to the office 2-3 days a week. You can also work entirely from our office. It's up to you!
What do we offer?
We learn from our mistakes and work in a way that prioritizes learning over results
- Focus on personal growth and development. We learn from our mistakes and work in a way that prioritizes learning over results.
- An open and diverse team of young and experienced colleagues.
- A calm company that cares about its employees, physically and mentally. For instance, we offer monthly chair massages, healthy lunches, and a very green office. On top of that: we don’t do overtime.
- An agile environment with a lot of freedom, responsibility, and flexibility to shape your working life to your personal life.
- We alternate normal working weeks with play weeks where we step away from our daily work and dedicate time to side projects and experimenting with (new) technical stuff.
- We provide you with all the hardware you need to do your job, such as a standing desk, multiple screens, monitor glasses, and so on.
- We celebrate success and alternate smart and focused work with relaxing moments, like barbecuing, and Friday afternoon drinks!
- An attractive salary and secondary benefits.
Read what makes Easy LMS special.
About Easy LMS
We are a growing software company with an international team passionate about personal growth and development. The outcome is a user-friendly LMS that stimulates effective learning and makes training enjoyable! Our primary focus is employee training for small and medium-sized businesses, but we deliver a great training experience for any scenario and every team!
We have over 2,000 clients in more than 120 countries, aiming to triple our size in the next three years. Our office is located in the center of Delft. We are a small, agile company, and we have a collegial culture of supporting each other as a team. Our aim is also to be a calm company where you can be proud of your achievements.
A day in the life of a medior front-end software engineer
Let's assume you will work from our office:
9:00 First, a cup of coffee and time to read up on yesterday's final communication on Slack.
9:15 You prepare for the stand-up with your problem-solving team.
9:30 Stand-up time! Part of the team works remotely, so you join a video call and discuss what needs to happen to finish the feature.. You ask your team to give feedback on your first design iteration of the new course builder.
10:00 Based on your team's suggestions, you adjust your plan and update the design. You send some new screenshots to the Product Owner and the UX Designer & Researcher. You explain your choices and the consequences of the change. Some minor comments, but everything is looking good!
11:00 Implementation time! You update the story's acceptance criteria so it fits your new idea. You consider the techniques you want to use for implementation. You involve the rest of your team in your decision because it impacts their work.
11:15 You are happy with the decision and take some quiet time to write some CSS.
12:30 Lunchtime! We serve an extensive bread lunch with boiled eggs, local cheeses, and biological spreads.
13:00 To clear your head, you update the design system documentation with new insights. You leave a remark for your colleagues.
13:30 You continue your front-end work and have an interesting discussion about writing better React code with your team.
15:00 You jump on a video call for a UX meeting. You have an open discussion on how we handled a few use cases. Interesting learning opportunities!
16:00 You take some time to read some blogs and newsletters and watch some tutorials, all helpful in finishing your task.
17:00 The feature is nearing completion. You finalize your tests, fix an issue that you discovered in the visual regression test, and start reviewing your team member’s code.
17:30 You processed the feedback on your PRs, and all the builds are passing. The implementation is done. Next up is testing and deploying! You are looking forward to tomorrow when the feature will be going to production.
Are you keen to work with us? Please explain your motivation in an email and send it with your resume to email@example.com. Do you have questions about this vacancy? You can contact Caroline Heijkoop on +31 683712762.
Message for recruiters and headhunters
We understand that you may want to look for candidates for this vacancy, but we prefer to do that ourselves.